I am pleased to announce that our annual seminar will be held May 6-8. We are pleased to welcome as guest instructor Shigemitsu Kamata, 7 dan from Etobicoke Club. He will be assisted by Ryo Yasumura, 6 dan and also from Etobicoke.
An email was sent to all prairie kendo clubs containing the hotel details. Please contact me directly if you don’t have access to that information.
The schedule is as follows:
Friday, May 6
– 7-9:30 PM seminar at Saskatoon YMCA
– 10 PM – ? drinks, location TBD
Saturday, May 7
– 9-12 AM seminar at Marion Graham Collegiate
– 12-1 PM catered lunch at Marion Graham
– 1-6 PM tournament at Marion Graham
– 7:30 PM – ? supper, party, locationTBD
Sunday, May 9
– 9AM – 1PM grading at Saskatoon YMCA
Registration is now open for the grading, you can apply through your CKF account. Note: for those people who will attempt ikkyu, there is an excellent video on the bokuto kihon available here.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Saskatoon soon.